Author Topic: Heat Press  (Read 268 times)

airhead1

Heat Press
« on: December 11, 2016, 05:04:02 PM »
Okay so Ive got this 8 in 1 Heat press all these extra attachements are they for doing Sublimation work I dont have the hat press though.

Tara214

Re: Heat Press
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 10:54:43 AM »
I am still in the market for a press but I believe all the gadgets are for mugs, hats, etc....    All presses can do sublimation (not a clue how lol) 

Dakotagrafx

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 11:43:12 AM »
I am still in the market for a press but I believe all the gadgets are for mugs, hats, etc....    All presses can do sublimation (not a clue how lol)
any press that heats to 400 degrees will do sublimation - but the multi presses like above tend to do a lot of things and none of then real well.  mug presses I particular dislike after owning 6-8 of them they all have the same flaw that the bottom and handle wick the heat away so you will get fade it you get near those areas.  the reason I use cactus wraps.  the biggest difference in presses is how even the heat is distributed, the higher priced presses like mighty, hotronix, knight have more elements closer together and the cheaper ones have a few coils and try to rely on the platen mass to even that out - problem is cheaper presses use less aluminum so the heat is less even
Roland SP-300i,  Graphtec CE5000-60, Corel x6 suite, Adobe X6 suite LXI VE master pro 10.5,  Hotronix Heat Press
''Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.''
Thomas Edison
http://www.cleancutblade.com/
Honesty, Integrity, Teamwork

Tara214

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 01:32:19 AM »

any press that heats to 400 degrees will do sublimation - but the multi presses like above tend to do a lot of things and none of then real well. 

I have heard the same thing about the multi-function presses and to stick to a press that does one thing and does it well, I found a HIX HT-400 used and almost grabbed it up because the price was 150.00.  I kept myself in check and emailed a HIX customer service rep for info.  I will say that this gentleman went above and beyond in providing details, what to check for  and his honest opinion on purchasing it and I took the advice and did not buy it.  I have been looking for a newer model at a decent price.  What is the minimum size I should go with, 15x15 or larger, clamshell or swing away?  What do you think of Mpress? 

Dakotagrafx

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 11:11:12 AM »
m press is a cheap chinese press - the ones I have seen have the read pressure adjustment that is weaker.  curious why the hix person recommended a newer unit as I have never heard of anyone having trouble with the old ones
Roland SP-300i,  Graphtec CE5000-60, Corel x6 suite, Adobe X6 suite LXI VE master pro 10.5,  Hotronix Heat Press
''Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.''
Thomas Edison
http://www.cleancutblade.com/
Honesty, Integrity, Teamwork

fivestar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 11:18:49 AM »
I would of bought that Hix in a heart beat if it held temps from center to ends.  Old Hix presses are tanks.
Roland VP-540 54" Printer/Cutter |GraphTec CE5000-60| 16x20 Mighty Press heat press