Author Topic: Plotter Paper  (Read 1491 times)

CajunCustom

Plotter Paper
« on: October 24, 2014, 06:23:34 AM »
when can i get some plotter paper in a roll at a good price , someone told me this would be the best way to mock up some stripes for a car before i cut them , also so you use the plotter for the cut or cut it out by hand ?
Titan 2 28" , Adobe CS6 , Corel 6 , Vinyl Master v4 Pro , Inkscape

Booper

Re: Plotter Paper
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 07:12:07 PM »
Plotter paper is just paper on a roll, I bought a couple rolls years ago for my 24" aqueous inkjet printer to do some posters from Indel Davis.

As far as mocking up stripes yes you can use plotter paper if you have a pen attachment for your cutter. So basically you remove the blade holder and stick in a specially designed pen into it to draw the stripes on the paper. Once you've drawn them you cut them out by hand and test fit them. Never cut it with your plotter as you will carve up yer cutter strip on yer machine. 

Other ways to do stripes is cover the car in app tape and hand draw them onto the paper and then measure your drawings and convert it to cut files in your software program, this takes into consideration body contours etc, or just do it the easy fast and efficient way and knifeless the whole damn thing :cheers:

Ben
Roland GX-24, HP Designjet 130, Epson 2200, FlexiSign Pro, Illustrator CS6, Corel X7

3M Preferred Installer www.evilkittygraphics.com