Author Topic: For those thinking of buying a Vinyl cutter  (Read 11232 times)

Ererges

Re: For those thinking of buying a Vinyl cutter
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2017, 12:26:46 AM »
You can try other cutting software

PippinPhotography

• pippindecals.com
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2017, 03:16:49 PM »
As a person who just got there cutter recently (couple of weeks), I would agree with most everything in that first post. My brother in law discovered I had purchased a cutter and it was in the fedex delivery system and I immediately had 3 differant jobs todo. I then spent the next few days discovering how-to make the graphic that was wanted. My cutter was still in the mail. When it finally did arrive, I ran out to purchase the vinyl color's I needed and then proceeded to learn how to make the cutter work. After assembling the stand, installing the pen. I did a test print which worked. I then put some vinyl in and replaced the pen with the knife and cut my first decal. Ended up doing it twice, but it worked. 2 days later I spent the day and cut out all the decal's I had orders for. I'm learning and the software is a major learning curve, but it is possible to start from a knowledge base of zero and goto a cut sign in very little time. BTW, one of the decal's I first cut, is a multi layer fire dept symbol 2ft square.

I did the same thing when i started .Zero knowledge etc.
Titan 2 24"-using SCALPS4PRO for design and cutting  - Ai cs6 and CC now . Vector magic for tracing and vectorizing images( love it )

Kiarie

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2017, 05:46:45 AM »
I was looking for ways on how to make weeding a whole lot easier and I came across this tip. Tried it and I am amazed. Turn your heat press on, once warm clamp it down few a few seconds to warm up the base section of the press. Pop up the press and then place you’re freshly cut design onto the press for 10 seconds. Now try weeding it, the vinyl should almost fall off.